Friday, November 12, 2010

breaking the blog block

Something is better than nothing and some things are better than others...

it is a wish and a regret
to wonder and wander
to want and not get.

So far, this are the most sharable pieces of writing I have got so far. I have taken up daily writing, just to begin a writing discipline. It is tough to be writing pages of nonsense everyday just to get back into the practice of it; to clear the cobwebs.
I have started reading a book called: Writing Down the Bones by Natalie Goldberg. It is a very simple yet important book about how writing is spiritual practice and a way to self-knowledge. It is a good companion book to what I am pursuing in my own life currently.

News:

I have become quite grateful for my renewed student-hood lately. Being in such fast-moving, material-rich classes has been keeping me on my toes. There is no room for laziness or sliding into a slump. I have been impressed by myself and inspired by my memorization and organization skills. I have been motivated by my motivation. I am doing very well in all of my classes and feeling like I can do anything. Having less time has somehow helped me to take advantage of the free time I do have to read, write, and go for long walks.
I will be in Philadelphia from Saturday, November 27th until Tuesday November 30th to have a tour of PENN and an interview with the midwifery department. Philly friends: I want to see you!


1 comment:

davisconfused said...

you are BRILLIANT!

thanks for sharing some of your free time with me.