Monday, January 4, 2010

where have all the words gone?

I am in what seems to be the middle of a creative drought in my writing life. I haven't written a poem in months. This is not the longest time I have gone without writing but this is the first time that words are not floating about in my head, forming themselves into little patterns and rhythms to accompany me on my walks home.
I have felt as though i am mourning the loss of a friend. Perhaps this is a commentary on my last poem, "Oh Wonder". Well the plea is still pleading, return to me oh Wonder.

1 comment:

dung said...

Hi Rae, there a book called "Proust and the Squid: The Story and Science of the Reading Brain" written by Maryanne Wolf, it's thoughfull. Also there'll be a poetry slam/reading at the Hugo house tomorrow night, 1/21/10, at 7pm. hope you are well.